My name is Matt. I am a qualified Counsellor and a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I work within the BACP ‘Ethical Framework for Counsellors’, and also the BACP Guidelines for Online Counselling and Psychotherapy. Information relating to both of these documents can be found at: www.bacp.co.uk.
I work primarily with people who are worried about their low self-esteem and lack of confidence and help them identify and resolve the issues they feel that this has caused them so far.
Many people I work with feel that they have a pattern in their lives of being taken advantage of and that they are not expressing who they truly are. Mixing this with a “keeping up appearances” approach can be stressful and lonely, with no time to relax and feelings of tension and overwhelm.
The way I approach counselling is to enable you to take more control of how you spend your time, help you in being clearer with people about what you will or won’t do (creating boundaries) and about making the choices that are right for you, free from the expectations of others.
I have the fullest commitment to offering a service which is welcoming to all backgrounds in a supportive and non-discriminatory manner.
To discover how I can help you please contact me, Matt, via email firstname.lastname@example.org and on the telephone/text 07471 319548.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative)
Institute of Leadership and Management – Level 5 Coaching and Mentoring
NLP Master Practitioner and Coach
Mental Health First Aid Practitioner
ASIST trained (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- Qualified Counsellor and a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), with experience of working in the charitable sector as a counsellor, as well as running my own private practice.
- Qualified Coach with over 10 years of experience in coaching individuals in confidence building, leadership and management, career progression and personal development. I am a coach with the Coaching Academy at the University of Birmingham.
- I have over 20 years’ experience as a trainer and training manager delivering development solutions and qualifications in counselling, leadership, presenting and public speaking, team building, assertiveness and mindfulness.
- I run mindfulness courses and groups at the University of Birmingham and also deliver courses in building personal resilience and well-being.
- I have an MA in creative writing and also a creative writing diploma, with a particular interest in writing therapeutically and narrative therapy.
I am committed to offering the highest quality of service possible in my counselling practice.